To Promote and Improve Positive Attitudes, Behaviour,
School Attendance, Tolerance of others and a Healthy Life Style of Young
People in the Community.
- The development of quality inclusive primary and secondary
provision with a particular focus on securing inclusive provision for
children and young people who may be disaffected or at risk of discrimination.
The BIZ will be used to educate those students on short/long term fixed
exclusions. The BIZ will also provide a sustainable youth provision in
the evenings and on Saturday for youths who may not ordinarily venture
into fitness and will allow them to engage on a positive level with partner
agencies, such as the Police.
- To expand on the development of ‘The Ultimate
Contender’ at Jubilee International High School, which has become
the Flagship Young People's Centre and Centre of Excellence for Inclusion
for Behaviour and Attendance.
- To develop and promote a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude)
in order to change negative attitudes towards education, behaviour, attendance
and the community.
- To negate hostile and unfriendly behaviour.
- To instil respect for themselves, respect for others
and respect for society.
- To reduce child obesity, provide information and assistance
with healthy lifestyle choices and empower children to take responsibility
for their own development and that of others.
Features of Good Practice
- All students who attend will be CPR (Community Prevention
Referrals) from Schools, Youth Justice and the Police, in addition children
from the local community will be encouraged to attend the evening and
- The work is to develop a new model for the delivery
of Improved Attitude, Behaviour and Attendance for children and young
people who may be disaffected or at risk of discrimination.
- Inclusion initiatives have been developed with partner
agencies including statutory and voluntary organizations.
- Students taking responsibility for their education,
health and social inclusion helping to create the structure of the classroom
and gaining a more cohesive community attitude, including helping to establish
rules and academic program.
- To encourage Healthy Eating through a daily balanced
food intake which is nutritional with and will promote a Healthy Life